In this role you will:
- Lead the cash operations team to ensure proper management, control and reporting over daily cash operations.
- Manage banking partner relationships, including negotiation of all banking products, maintaining appropriate line-of-credit and other financial instrument agreements, ensuring timely and accurate reporting to banks as required and management of pledged securities.
- Manage, with the help of external advisors and investment managers, all WPS statutory and defined benefit and contribution benefit plan investment portfolios.
- Oversee corporate insurance programs including selection of policies, limits, and filing of corporate insurance claims.
- Manage lease versus buy decisions for software and hardware acquisitions.
- Serve as the WPS internal subject matter expert on banking services for special projects and WPS customer needs.
- Regularly interact with the WPS Board of Directors to support Board governance of the WPS treasury functions.
This job profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
This role could be a good fit if you:
- Thrive in a dynamic environment that does not fear change.
- Are a continuous innovator who stretches boundaries and continually seeks out new ways to solve tough problems in a complex business environment.
- Have a deep understanding of banking and investment management and would enjoy working in a high-volume health insurance and government payer organization.
- Proven success generating cash and investment returns with significant ROI.
You’ll benefit from this experience by:
- Seeing your impact on the business – a great opportunity to contribute in a highly visible role at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Having a direct reporting relationship to the CFO and Board of Directors.
- Being able to operate in an environment that welcomes your assessments and recommendations for change.
- Working in an environment that serves our Nation’s military, veterans, Guard and Reserves along with their families.
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field or equivalent post high school and/or related work experience
- 5 years or more of related work and/or leadership experience
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 7 or more years managing a treasury function
- A Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation
- Master of Business Administration or other relevant advanced degree
This role currently leads a team of 3 and reports to our Chief Financial Officer.
Compensation and Benefits
- Eligible for annual Performance Bonus Program
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 6% of salary
- Competitive paid time off
- Health and dental insurance start DAY 1
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending, dependent care, and health savings accounts
- Short- and long-term disability, group life insurance
- Dress for your day
- Innovative professional and cognitive development programs
Who We Are
WPS Health Solutions is an innovator in health insurance and a worldwide leader in claims administration, serving millions of beneficiaries in the United States and abroad.
Founded in 1946, WPS offers health insurance plans for individuals, families, and seniors, and group plans for small and large businesses. We are a world-class claims processor and program administrator for the government’s Medicare program. And we manage benefits for millions of active-duty and retired military personnel and their families.
WPS has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere® Institute for 10 years in a row.
Learn more about WPS.
Our Purpose and Values
Our purpose is to make healthcare easier for those we serve. Click Here
Our values - Customer Focused, Individual Responsibility, Mutual Respect, and Driven & Passionate – are the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
WPS Health Insurance offers high-quality health insurance plans for individuals and families, Medicare supplement plans for seniors, and group health plans for businesses of every size.
Military and Veterans Health
WPS Military and Veterans Health administers claims and provides customer service and related activities for the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and their beneficiaries.
Government Health Administrators
WPS Government Health Administrators manages Medicare Part A and Part B benefits for more than 7 million beneficiaries. As one of the largest contractors for the Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services, we’ve served Medicare beneficiaries and their health care providers since 1966.
Arise Health Plan provides innovative and high-value health plans to groups and individuals in eastern and northeastern Wisconsin. With our quality Wisconsin-based customer service, Arise offers health care expertise with a personal touch.
EPIC Specialty Benefits
EPIC Specialty Benefits provides businesses group insurance products that cover:
- Voluntary benefits