Position: Payroll Manager
Reports Directly: Sue Mcfarland
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $5B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord’s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing.
Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on both customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. Join our team to create your better tomorrow.
The company is comprised of four operating segments:
- · Climate Solutions: (~$1.0 Billion revenues) Includes fractional HP motors, variable speed controls, and air moving solutions which are sold in the residential heating & ventilating, water heating, commercial refrigeration, and other OEM and aftermarkets. Segment headquarters is based in Fort Wayne, IN.
- · Commercial Systems: (~$1.0 Billion revenues) Includes medium motors from fractional to 5HP, fans and blowers and Hermetic stator and rotor sets which are sold to commercial heating and ventilating, commercial kitchen and laundry markets. Segment headquarters is based in Grafton, WI.
· Industrial Systems: (~$600 Million revenues) Includes large motors, alternators, automatic transfer switches and switchgears which are sold to agricultural, marine, oil and gas, data centers, power generation and general industry equipment markets. Segment headquarters is based in Wausau, WI.
· Motion Control Solutions: (~2.2 Billion revenues) Constitutes products like gearing, bearings, couplings, and conveying components which are sold in a wide variety of markets including mater handling, oil & gas, beverage, and other industrial markets. Segment headquarters is based in Milwaukee, WI.
Our business is organized into four decentralized segments with strong brand equity in its respective markets as outlined below:
Scope of leadership role
The Payroll position is a key role responsible for all areas relating to payroll, long-term incentives and compensation related accounting. This position will manage the Company’s relationship with our third party payroll processor. This includes the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to payroll processing. This role will also be responsible for adhering to accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position will work with tight deadlines and have multiple direct reports.
- Ensures that employee pay, payroll records and deduction reporting are confidentially maintained, accurate and timely. Will include multiple locations.
- Develops and implements changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- Manages payroll system conversions and maintains strong relationship with vendors.
- Manages the outsourced preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments (i.e. government agencies, retirement plans, insurance carriers, etc.) as well as individual employee records.
- Serves as liaison with other departments, business units, or locations in the resolution of payroll issues and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develops payroll team expertise and drives culture of continuous improvement within the payroll function.
- Manages relationships with internal business groups and other finance teams providing guidance to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Participates in or leads projects in targeted improvement areas.
- Manages and develops the team.
- Provides hiring, promotion and disciplinary action recommendations, as well as performance evaluation and feedback for direct reports.
- May coach and assist in training of less experienced employees.
- · Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- · 6+ years’ experience in related field.
- · Payroll Certification Preferred (ex. CPP, FPC).
- · Proficiency with ADP or UKG payroll software preferred.
- · Knowledge of ADP E-Time and Kronos essential to this role.
Travel: limited travel to Beloit, WI